Football season is in full swing y’all. That means gathering all your people to cheer on your favorite team and eat delicious food together. At least. That’s what it means to me.
The two teams we cheer for, the Packers and the Panthers, are both 6-0, so we’re feeling pretty great about football in our house these days.
Whether your team is at the top, or you’ve resigned yourself to a losing season already, this corn dip is a perfect addition to your next football get-together. It’s got a kick from the jalapeño and spices, includes a variety of cheeses of your choosing, and gets finished off with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Throw it all together in a slow cooker a couple hours before the game starts and you’ll be all set. Fair warning though: this corn dip is addicting. If you find yourself headed back for seconds, thirds, and fourths… Well. I’ll say I told you so.
My version of this recipe was heavily adapted from Chungah’s recipe over on Damn Delicious – her method works great, I just wanted to add a lot more flavor to the finished product! You’re welcome to adapt this recipe – add more spice or leave it out, add different peppers, try different kinds of cheese. Experiment and see what you like best!
- 4 c frozen corn
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1¼ c shredded cheese (your choice - my favorite combination is pepper jack, cheddar, and a little feta)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- dash of paprika
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients except cream cheese and lime juice in a small slow cooker, stir to combine well. Place cubed cream cheese on top of corn mixture, set slow cooker to low, and let cook for 2 hours.
- Stir in the cream cheese, add the lime juice, cover and set to high for 15 more minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, tacos, quesadillas, or a spoon.